MITSUMI Iris Valve "Choke Valve" - AAA Save Energy Site
Contact MITSUMI Technical Industry
c/o AAA Save Energy / AAAmachine. Inc.
1291 Rand Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016
Tel: 847-481-8264, Fax: 847-376-3530
Please download the EDS (Engineering Data Sheet) for your detailed inquiry and /or quotation request.
Mitsumi's iris valves, "half action" of normal
iris valves (about 90-degree rotation), can close/open the valve. As a result,
air cylinders can be used for this automatic operation. The company's iris
valves can decrease total system cost. Mitsumi's iris breakers can break
bridges and discharge powders/bulks by squeezing a hopper-type chute outside
with a rope.
Throughout history, rope and cloth has been
cleverly used in an effort to improve life for mankind. At present, various
kind of rope that has superior mechanical strength and chemical
characteristics, some a few millimeters in diameter but stronger than steel,
have been developed to withstand a load of several hundred kilograms.
An entirely new type of powder and granule
flow control choke valve utilizing rope and cloth has been developed by Mitsumi
Technical Industry Co.,Ltd.
With many kinds of granulated materials being increasingly used in recent
years, the choke valve offers superb performance for opening/closing operation
and flow control by attaching it to the inlet or outlet of powder and granule
processing machines such as bins, hoppers, etc.
The automatic type choke valve is
specifically designed for remote control and perfectly meets the users’
specifications for sanitation and fine chemical plants. It is now being used
extensively for broad applications in many fields, throughout industry
(1) Configuration and performance
The choke valve is very simple in construction. The sleeve valve is
fitted in the setting slot in the face of the flange on the casing, while the
choke rope is set under the wall inside the casing. Also, a number of ropes are
arranged in parallel at equal intervals on the choke ring. By turning the choke
ring about 90° manually or automatically, the choke rope locks (binds) the
sleeve valve towards the center of the valve.
When it is turned in the reverse direction, the sleeve valve is unlocked(released),
allowing the valve to be opened or closed, as shown in Fig. 1 (in the brochure).
The choke valve is opened and closed smoothly like a lens shutter, thus
ensuring superb powder & granule flow control.
- The sleeve valve can easily be removed and replaced(detachable at one
touch). - Powder and granules pass through the valve smoothly without interference. - Powder and granules make contact only with the inside wall of the sleeve
valve, not with other metallic parts (casing, etc.). - Small operation torque (involute curve effect). Opening torques are almost
0. - The valve is simple in construction, permitting easy disassembly and
- The material of the sleeve valve can be
selected according to sanitary and fine chemical specifications.
- Opening and closing angle (shifting angle
of handle or lever) is as little as 90°.
- Ultrafine powder as well as air can be
sealed by using appropriate coating cloth and rubber.
- Various types of forced opening adaptors
can easily be installed for quick and complete opening of the sleeve valve.
* Valve size other than above is also available. Please contact us.
* Automatic intermediate stop (opening control mechanism) can be achieved
using air cylinder (MAV) model.
Standard specifications (80A to 200A)
1) Choke ring: 304 stainless steel plus Chrome plating
3) Sleeve valve type: Upper/Lower sleeve valves both to be inserted into the setting slots
4) Sleeve valve material: Polyester with anti static treatment & silicon
coated or Nylon
5) Casing: AC7A Aluminum Alloy with Alumite plating
6) Handle: Mild steel with chrome plating
7) Handle stopper: Polyacetal plastics
8) Sleeve maximum depth when opened: 120 mm (about 5 inch) from flange bottom surface
(5) Sleeve Valve
(6) Forced-opening adapter
There are 2-type adapters - (A) Opener type and (B) Weight type
(7) How to replace sleeve valve? It is quick and easy! No tool is required.
(8) Parts name & precautions when using forced-opening adapter <1> Sleeve valve lower set supporting flange (outlet side): When
the bottom of the choke valve is open, that is, when it is not provided
with a connecting pipe, and if the sleeve valve is fully opened, the lower
set is given a downward tension by the action of the adapter and hence
another flange needs to be installed to prevent the sleeve valve from dropping
off the valve.
<2> Connecting pipe at the bottom of "CHOKE VALVE" (outlet side): When the sleeve valve is fully opened by the action of the adapter, it is forced against the wall of the connecting pipe as shown below, or in the case of a weight type, the effective area of the valve is reduced. To avoid this situation, the connecting pipe should have the same diameter as the inside one of valve casing.
① Casing,② Choke ring, ③ Handle (MFV type) / Arm (MAV type), ④ Stopper (MFV type only), ⑤ Sleeve valve, ⑥Choke rope, ⑦ Hexagonal bolt, ⑧ Gasket/Packing, ⑨ Opener, ⑩ Stainless steel weight, ⑪ Bush for standard type flange, ⑫ Flange (Special sized inner diameter flange to prevent from dropping off the sleeve valve)
(9) Items to be specified when ordering choke valve
- Valve drive system(manual or automatic)-
Type of valve (inside diameter)
- Material of easing (aluminum, stainless
steel, aluminum surface treatment)
Material and type of sleeve valve
- Adaptors (with or without)
Power source and operating air pressure
(for automatic type)
- Necessity of intermediate stop
Name, characteristics, shape, hardness and
flowing efficiency of powder and granules to be used (in detail)
- Devices connected to valve
- Spare parts (with or without)
Please send us your inquiry using the following questionnaire.
We will contact you with pricing and the lead time upon receipt of your
Thank you for your valued interest in MITSUMI Iris Valve "CHOKE VALVE".
AAA Save Energy, LLC. / AAAmachine, Inc.
>> No account with us? (new customers)
No problem. If you would like to buy MITSUMI Technical Industry products
through internet using your credit card, please visitE-commerce siteas follows.
You can buy MITSUMI Technical Industry (Iris Valve "CHOKE VALVE) through
AAA Save Energy/AAAmachine, Inc.i-BES(international Buy-direct E-commerce service) using your credit card.
*** What is AAA Save Energy / AAAmachine, Inc.i-BES? Seedetails.
If you have any questions, please use thisquestionnaire.
Copyright (c)2016 AAAmachine, Inc. All Rights Reserved.